Winners of tHE 2018 Annual Aspiring authors competition are:
First Place: Sanjana Manghnani - Shades of Red
Second Place: Scarlett Shear - The Lady with the Red Kite
Third Place: Jerilyn Brown - The Ying Yang Kite
Honorary Mention: Kidus Astil - The Lady with the Red Kite
Congratulations to tHE Winners!
Thank you to every young author that put pen to paper and created these amazing stories. Every entry sent in has been a joy to read, each one unique and special in its own way. I look forward to reading the new set of entries once our 2nd annual competition opens up! Till then always remember:
DREAM BIG. Never stop. And work hard to achieve.
Always STAND OUT and in yourself BELIEVE!
With peace and smiles,
P.S: Keep an eye out for a little something special in the mail for each participating aspiring author.
Stay tuned for next year's 2nd Annual Aspiring Authors Competition. Join our mailing list using the pop-up on this site or send us an email to email@example.com to get an email when the next one happens. You can also follow us on instagram and facebook for updates. Till then keep writing and keep those pens flying with your words of creativity!
DS Publishing is excited to introduce its first writing competition
Read below for details
Writing Competition 2018
DS Publishing is excited to announce its first writing competition for the young aspiring authors out there! The theme for this competition is "The Lady with the Red Kite". When you hear this sentence what does your imagination see? What story comes to life in your mind? Who is this Lady and why does she have a red kite? Pick up your pen, take a deep breath and let your words flow! We can't wait to see what you're going to come up with!
- Contest is open for children 8-13, US and CANADA only.
- Entries must be typed and in English.
- Maximum story length is 1500 words.
- Story entries only (not poetry).
- The story must be related to the theme of the competition "The Lady with the Red Kite".
- Entries must be the original unpublished work of the child entering the contest.
- Only one entry per child is allowed.
- Please use the registration form below to register. You must attach the form with your entry whether you decide to email or mail your entry.
- DEADLINE EXTENDED. All entries must be postmarked/emailed by April 8th, 2018.
- There's a $15 USD registration fee for your entry.
- Stories will not be returned.
How to enter
- Download the Registration Form by clicking here, type your story and either email or mail them to us with the registration fee.
- If mail please make the check payable to "DS Publishing". Send your entry to: 3301 N K CTR, #G104, McAllen, TX, 78501.
- If email please send your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org (to send the payment through PayPal please send the money to: email@example.com, make sure you write the name of the child as a note when making the payment).
Winners will receive prizes as follows:
- 1st Place: $300 USD
- 2nd Place: $200 USD
- 3rd Place: $100 USD
Winners will be announced by June 30th, 2018. Winning entries will be published on our website and featured on our Instagram page after June 30th, 2018.
For continuous updates join our Instagram page: Instagram.com/yousuf_adventures
For questions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org